Thursday 29 March 2012

Bye Bye Pink City

I am sad to have left Jaipur. It has left a lasting impression on me that I find difficult to explain. Maybe that is India to a tee. I saw a Palm Reader in Jaipur yesterday who is also a healer and he now resides in Canada. What he told me about my past was so incredibly accurate and he did most of the talking. I dont know how he knew what I was in India for but he nailed it. He told me that my infertility pain started at the age of 23 when I had a miscarriage and then went on to describe the ups and downs that have been experienced.

He told me we would have 2 children and big changes would be occurring from July 2012 onwards. He told me to embrace it and to not be afraid of the fear of disappointment. Everything he told me was so reassuring and I am still processing the detail of what he read in my palm today.

For those fellow surro families planning to see Jaipur here are a few tips:

Good Eating Places:
Peacock Rooftop Restaurant at Hotel Pearl Palace - great views
Little Italy (also is Little Indian as well)
Umaid Rooftop Fort Restaurant at Hotel Umaid Bhawna (near Bani Park behind Collectorate, Off Main Road)

Some other things - dont get sucked into going to elephant sanctuary that claims to have tigers and lions. There are precisely 6 tigers and 1 lion. They are also cruel to the animals as they poke them to come out for the tourists.

It is worth doing a short elephant ride up to Amber Fort - one way will cost 900 rupee for 2 people.

Basically if you go anywhere and you dont get a receipt for entry into palaces, temples etc then you are likely to be getting ripped off!

Signing off from the beautiful Agra - cant wait to see the Taj tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear your reaction. I was lump-in-the-throat, tears-in-the-eyes blown away by the Taj..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had 2 readings in jaipur one was a palm reading and the other was a man with a little parrot who came out and picked up a card both times they said I would have 3 children, will be interesting to see of it happens! I too loved Jaipur and even the car ride was interesting! Enjoy the Taj it is STUNNING!!!....Do u have any pics??

    ReplyDelete
  3. You won't be dissapointed it is truely stunning, enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete