Tuesday 1 May 2012

More India Photos......

After some technical difficulties with the camera I have finally been able to upload a selection of photos from our recent trip to Jaipur, Agra and Delhi. Here goes wish me luck that this works!

I love this pic as it is taken by reflection in a mirror at the Palace of Mirrors in Jaipur - so romantic!!!!!!

We had to have the obligatory Riding on the Elephant photo. All 100 or so elephants in Jaipur are girls and ours was called "Bull Bull" - that makes perfect sense - not!!

 Creepy snake charmer shots near City Palace in Jaipur - but had to take it as was a sight to behold

 Andrew being brave or stupid not sure which - but he said the cobra had been defanged so he was perfectly safe!


City Palace in Jaipur where the remaining Raj (who is only 11 years of age resides)


If you are a James Bond fan you may remember this - still in Jaipur this is the Water Palace and was in the film Octopussy - it is not open to the public so you can only view from afar!

This is a shot of us with Satish our driver from Rahul's Car Service in front of the Amber Fort in Jaipur. Satish was a very good driver and put up with our singing on the road trip from Delhi to Jaipur, then to Agra then back to Delhi.

Our gorgeous hotel in Jaipur called the Umaid Bhawna Hotel. Ornate golden plated entrance into the hotel. For $40 a couple per night including buffet breakfast and free internet it was magnificent. Rooftop restaurant was superb. Highly recommend this place. Rooms had a canopy bed and if you spent a little extra you can even have a suite that looked like something from Arabian Nights!



Self explanatory our pool at Hotel Umaid Bhawna. 



One of the many photos of how many can fit into a Tuk Tuk. There were about 17 in this one.

  Of course us in a Tuk Tuk !


Where we stayed in Agra - Jaypee Palace Hotel - they had this great 24/7 entertainment area complete with small bowling alley and a diner come casual eating place. I wasnt feeling too well (hurt my back) so hubby bought me this beautiful black forest cake from The Old Bakery within Jaypee Palace and it cost a whole $3 Australian! (including the inscription)


My darling one being comical - yes that is the Taj Mahal in the background or nearly in his mouth.This is at Agra Fort where Shahzahan - he built the Taj Mahal for his deceased wife Mumtaz. Shahzahan - was imprisoned at Agra Fort by his son. He could look out from his prison and see the Taj...


The inside of one of the prison rooms at Agra Fort. It is almost as beautiful as the Taj itself.


Jaipur in the state of Rajastan is brilliant I thought it was rather romantic with all the palaces etc. I throughly recommend a trip to Jaipur

I have bored you enough now with this slideshow!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Mel & Andrew pics look great, looks like you had great time.
    I&D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ian and David

    yes we did have a great time - I had an unbelievably accurate Palm Reading in Jaipur as well and how he knew what he knew of the past and also he nailed why we were really in India. He said we weren't just there on holidays but to have a family. I still dont know how he knew the detail of so many things - scary. India will always hold a special place in my heart and my memory. Did you feel the same when you were then in February wasnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mel & Andrew we're from A Delhi Ashi...such lovely pics! I was so sick with a bad flu and asthma throughout our whole stay back in India in January this year and was so upset that we didn't make it anywhere to see anything. Thank you so much for sharing these photos so I could see how beautiful India is through your eyes!
    Goodluck with your surrogacy dreams...we find out on May 6 if we are pregnant...fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There - I look forward to following your journey on here as well. It's my pleasure to share these photos - we have dozens more but have just selected a few. Babydust I hope comes your way! This waiting is excrutiating isnt it? We are awaiting our 5 week scans and then 6 week heartbeat confirmation.....

      Delete
  4. Hi Mel we had a really good time and can't wait to go back. we have some photos on our facebook page David Ian Campbell-Stansfield. We have met some extremely nice people in India and they actually have rang us weekly since we have been home.
    I&D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great I would love to look at your pics. I'm Melissa Hay on Facebook (I'm not actually mentioning anything yet on Facebook yet about surrogacy) - can I friend you?? I know what you mean about friends. We met India Calling over there (Ryan and Ruben) and I am sure we are going to be lifelong mates now! We also met a 6ft 9 Bobby from England and his wife in Jaipur and we keep chatting on the email. I love travelling and what it does for you!!

      Delete
  5. Love the photos! Makes me excited to be returning to India next year! Thanks for adding them. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these pics but I think my favorite is of Andrew sticking his hand in the cobra basket. I don't think I know anyone else that would do that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the eatng the Taj pic! Hilarious! Oh and if you wanna catch up my email address is becksyb@yahoo.com.au sorry for the late reply!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two just love life don't you!!! Your pictures were great thanks and have lengthened my 'to do' list for August!! .... all going well .....

    ReplyDelete